Power Query formule language M for beginners
M is the formula language behind Power Query. Any transformation you apply to your data is translated into M code. Knowledge of this language opens doors that remain closed if you only use the graphical interface.
In this demo packed session I will show you what else is possible by using the Advanced Editor, such as:
- Working with variables and data types
- Custom Columns and Time Intelligence Filtering
- Grouping and sorting data
- Creating scalar and table functions
- Crossjoin between 2 tables (make all possible combinations)
In the latest Power BI Desktop version the Advanced Editor also has Intellisense, so now is the time to dive into M!