How we keep your personal information safe.
Personal information we collect
- When you register on SQLBits.com, we will ask you to provide some personal contact information.
- When you submit a session as a speaker we will ask you for further personal details via your speaker profile.
- When you register for a conference we collect personal information in order to provide you your registration and ensure we have a contact in the event of an emergency
- SQLBits does not store any credit card details itself.
Sharing details with sponsors
- We will share details with sponsors if on your conference registration,
- 1. you opt-in for sponsor communication
- 2. you opt-in for sharing via badge scanning and you have your badge scanned at the event.
- The information shared is Name, Job Title, Company, Post Code, Country, Work Phone and Email.
- You can update your preference at anytime by editing your registration.
- If you have used a booking administrator then it is accepted that they have your consent to set your marketing preference
- Only Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors are provided with these details, they are not provided to any other organisations.
- The list of sponsors can be found here and may change up to the start of the event.
- When sponsors are provided with your contact details, they are wholly responsible for the management and use of these details, according to their own privacy policies, from the start of the event.
Badge Scanning and Competitions
- During the event you will be able to enter competitions by having your badge scanned.
- Having your badge scanned does not mean your details will be shared with the sponsor unless you have opted in as above.
- If you have opted-out, then you can still enter the sponsors’ competitions but your contact details will not be passed on to the sponsors.
- If you have opted-out and wish to share your details with the sponsor then you will have to provide your details direct to the sponsor.
Our use of your information
- We use the information we collect to provide the services you request. Our services may include the display of personalized content and
- We use your information to inform you of other events or services offered by us and our sponsors.
- We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. In order to help provide our services, we occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.
- We may pass your details to other companies that provide services for us. They may only use your details in the provision of the service to us.
- You may unsubscribe from any further communication from a sponsor by contacting them directly using their unsubscribe process
- You may unsubscribe from further SQL Bits communication by using the unsubscribe link on any SQLBits email, by clicking the link here or by emailing contactus@SQLBits.com
3rd party services
- We use MailChimp for our email distribution. In addition to mailing preferences that you can manage here we will upload to MailChimp data that we hold about you that we require in order to be able to email you (Name, Company, Email Address) about an event you are registered to attend, or when you have opted-in to receive emails about future events from SQLBits during your conference registration. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving emails about up coming conferences and other information we think you’d find useful, then click here. You can find the MailChimp privacy details here
- We use Alchemer for managing surveys.
- We use Google Analytics and to collect data. We need this data to understand how you use our website so we can improve its design and functionality. We also need the data to get the most out of our marketing campaigns. With your consent, Google Analytics will process and collect your personal data (cookies and IP address) to give us valuable information. To learn more about Google’s data transfer policies, click here. We take responsibility for the processing of your data. We are available to answer any question from you. Click here to email us.
- We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner and our registration number is PZ1527665.