Welcome to SQLBits! We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations and guidelines to ensure a respectful and harassment-free conference, and wider community, experience for everyone.
We expect all attendees to:
- Be Respectful: Treat everyone with respect, kindness, and empathy. Respect personal boundaries and consent.
- Be Inclusive: Embrace diversity and inclusion. Discrimination, harassment, or exclusion of any form will not be tolerated.
- Collaborate: Foster a spirit of collaboration, sharing, and learning with fellow attendees.
- Stay Safe: Report any unsafe or concerning behavior to venue staff or event security or by following the details under Reporting and Enforcement below.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected characteristic.
- Offensive, sexist, racist, or demeaning language and imagery, both in person and online.
- Unwanted attention, stalking, or following others without their consent.
- Invasive photography or recording without permission.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behavior during presentations, workshops, or social events.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviors.
Reporting and Enforcement
If you witness or experience any violation of this Code of Conduct, please report it immediately to committee member or security personnel. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All reports will be treated confidentially and seriously.
Violations of this Code of Conduct will not be tolerated.
Consequences may include:
- Verbal or written warnings.
- Expulsion from the conference without a refund
- Banning from future events.
- Law enforcement contact if appropriate
By attending SQLBits, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to update or modify this document as needed to ensure the safety and inclusivity of our event.
We also acknowledge the many and varied Code of Conducts that have inspired this concise, but fully inclusive, new document.