Creating Custom Visuals in Power BI with TypeScript and D3.j
This presentation is about how to create custom visuals (components) for your PowerBI reports. Power BI reporting features could be extended with custom components, that developers can implement and BI specialist can include in their dashboards. Many visuals are also availabe in the Power BI Visuals Gallery.
Power BI is flexible with which graphical API you prefer to use, but their open source project is all D3.
In this talk you will learn how to:
- Set up the dev environment (using PowerBI visuals CLI tool)
- Build your visuals
- Debug your Power BI components
- Use custom visuals in your dashboards
- Publish visuals to Power BI Visuals Gallery
- Road-map of Power BI Visuals API