Performance troubleshooting is a key aspect of any operational DBA's role and identifying performance bottlenecks quickly enables faster problem resolution.
PAL helps identify problems quickly by processing large log files and providing a colour-coded report highlighting problem areas.
Here's a summary of the session:
- Performance troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting methodology
- Data capture
- Using Performance Analysis for Logs (PAL)
- Analysing PerfMon log files
- Tuning thresholds
- Working with theshold templates
- Post-analysis steps
- Establish a baseline
- Next steps for troubleshooting